To debug a Custom Workflow Activity Follow below steps :
- Copy the .pdb file for the assembly to the
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\\Server\\bin\\assembly
- Next, attach the debugger to the
- Make sure that you remove the .pdb & .dll file when you have finished debugging because it uses memory to have it loaded.
folder. The assembly can be deployed as on-disk or stored in the database. The recommended deployment is in the database, but for debugging you should choose on-disk.
To debug a Asynchronous Plug-In Follow below steps :
- Firstly Build Plug-in solution
- Register it on Plug-in registration tool
- Go to Plug-in solution in Visual Studio 2012
- Add Debugger at specified location within code.
- Attach process from Tools >Attach To Process > CrmAsyncService.exe(both) > OK
- Perform action for debugging Plug-in Solution
To debug a Synchronous Plug-In Follow my below post :
Note : Make sure that you remove the .pdb and .dll file when you have finished debugging because it uses memory to have it loaded and it will give \”Plug-In assembly could not be loaded\” error while you import Plug-In Solutions from one organisation to other have different Database.
To Import Plug-In solution from Organisation1 to Organisation2(both have different database) make sure all the plugins of Organisation1 must be in Database
Hope it will help someone to debug Plugin & Workflows 🙂