Recently I got into one situation where I had to Uninstall the Customer Service Portal and had to Install Custom Portal. You may also have the requirement to change the Portal Template after installing it in CRM,
If you want to Reset or UnInstall the Portal from your CRM Instance, Delete the solution in below order: I have checked this order for Community and Customer Portal only. For other portals, it may differ in order. I would appreciate if you check at your end and update in case of any discrepancy.
To uninstall we need to follow the steps in reverse order.
1. Undo all portal customizations.
- Remove the portal related components from your solution
- Remove the portal forms and views from the Custom App/ Sitemap that you created.
- Remove all portal related customizations performed – remove portal related fields on your forms/ plugins/ JS/ Workflows/ actions etc.
2. Uninstall specific solutions.
3. Uninstall core solutions.
For example, for a community portal, uninstall below solutions first (hopefully, I got the order right).
- Microsoft forums
- Microsoft blogs
- Uninstall the old CRM Portal (Let say: Customer Self-Service Portal)
- Install the New Portal in your CRM Instance (Let say: Custom Portal). Can check here for installation steps. Don\’t configure it.
- You will not be able to configure or change your portal URL as it had already been configured for the old portal template. You just need to point it to the newly installed portal.
- Click on Manage Dynamic 365 Instance from Left Navigation
- Select Admin Account under Select Portal Administrator
- Select Portal Audience to Customer
- Select Portal to be deployed to Custom Portal
- and Submit.